DIY Father's Day gifts

Father's Day is a time to show the fathers in your life that you love them. In my family we like to cookout and swim at my parent's house. But when it comes to gifts I try to make it personal that way I can show my dad and Paul how much we love them. This year, I tried to think of things my dad and husband enjoyed and tailored the gift to that.

With my husband's gift from me and my son, I decide to get a Chatbooks book made with all his pictures with our son, a notepad from Tiny Prints, and a basket filled with golf balls.

Of course, I went to Pinterest to find an idea. This is the idea I followed.

For my dad, I decided to make jars of spices and seasonings. I found lots of recipes on Pinterest to mix my own seasonings together. Also, I just used some printable labels to put on top of the jars and used twine to tie them together (not pictured).

Here are the recipes for the seasonings that I used:
Taco Seasoning
1/4 cup chili powder
1/4 cup cumin powder
1/4 cup sea salt
1 tbls garlic powder
1 tbls onion powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground black pepper

Best Burger and French Fry Seasoning
1/4 cup sea salt
2 tbls paprika
1 tbls garlic powder
1 tbls garlic salt
1/2 tbls cumin
1/2 tbls black pepper
1/2 tbls dried basil
1/2 tbls dried parsley
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp celery salt

Smokey Spice Rub
1/4 cup smoked paprika
1/4 light brown sugar
1/8 cup sea salt
3 tbls onion powder
2 tbls garlic powder
1 tbls black pepper
1 tsp oregano
1 - 2 tsp cayenne pepper, optional

Dried Herb Rub
1 tbls dried thyme
1 tbls dried rosemary
1 tble black pepper
3 bay leaves, crumbled
1/4 tsp allspice (or cloves)

Montreal Steak Seasoning
2 tbls ground black pepper
2 tbls coriander
1 tbls dried dill
1 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

Poultry Spice
4 tsp dried thyme
4 tsp dried marjoram
1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1 1/2 tsp dried sage
1 tsp ground black pepper

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!