Book and Movie Review: Gone Girl


Gone Girl
by Gillian Flynn

This book was such a great read! I couldn't put it down, I wanted to know the next twisted thing that was going to happen. You might have seen the movie already and although there were some things that weren't the same, it was really close to the book which I love!

Normally, I don't read suspense novels, I'm not a fan of scary so I just don't read them just in case. But this one was not the case. At first it was difficult to read because the characters are such different characters than I am used to reading and you really need to read a few chapters to get used to their banter and quirks. And it is like everyone is saying, you have no idea who to believe and who to trust until the very end. The relationship of between Nick and Amy is so twisted. It seemed to me that Flynn was trying to exaggerate the way that sometimes couples can be, like playing games, becoming insecure but hiding it, losing interest. There relationship is just those things just exaggerate to a higher level, a murdering level.

The movie was just as great as the book. Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike played the characters perfectly and they really made you think. I really loved how the movie had some of the smaller parts of the book and made them hit home, like his smile at the first press conference and her weight gain to hid who she was. There was some parts toward the end that were a little too much for me but it really showed Amy's character so well. 

I definitely recommend this book and movie!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Shoshanah said...

I really enjoyed both the book and movie as well. Like you it's a bit different than the type of book I normally read, but now I'm thinking I may want to pick up books similar to it more often.