Keeping your home organized


So I know this is much later than I had said I was going to post but better late than never. This is my last organization post for a while but I figured my last one would be about keeping your home organized. 

I am a very organized and tidy person and I live with a more laid back, a tiny bit messy, man... throw in a toddler and that can make things a little difficult for a type A personality.

Here are some things I do to keep our home organized for both my sanity and so my husband can find things easily when he needs to.

1. Have a place for everything
In my office I have some open shelving that I use to store anything business related, but always I want it to look nice. Using cute bins, mixed in with decor, can really be helpful. Everything has its place and I know exactly where to find things. 

2. Label, label, label
My label maker is my best friend when organizing but labels don't have to be made with a label maker. In our pantry I got these baskets from Target as a wedding gift.

3. Make a family central binder and area
I made a family binder a couple years ago and it is very helpful when we need to store things that everyone in the family needs to have access to. I bought a bin at Hobby Lobby and it holds a budget binder, family binder, my planner, my May Designs food and exercise journal, sticky notes, and a container for pens and markers.

4. Binders make things easier on everyone
In our guest room closet, I keep a ton of binders for many things. Before Pinterest, I would tear out pages I liked for fashion and home. I also used to print craft ideas from blogs. We keep some more budget binders and baby information. Binders are very helpful when organizing many ideas and information you received, saves the time of scanning. I like being able to have easy access to these things.

Hope everyone enjoyed the organizing tips throughout the summer!!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!