8 months

8 months - 5/25/14
so I am late again...

Growth
not sure, we won't go back for a well baby visit until 9 months but maybe around 21 or 22 pounds... definitely getting taller too!

Nicknames
booger nugget, little man, stinker, chunky monkey

Sleep:
He has had some runny noses off and on so sleep hasn't been the best. He does still go down around 7:30 and gets up between 7:30 or 8. He is also down to two long naps although sometimes while he is sick those naps aren't long so he ends up taking three.

Eating
Our little boy is an eater, the only thing he has tried and not particularly liked was green beans. We have experimented with many foods and he loves his mesh teethers. We fill those with bananas and now pineapple. We have tried to start puffs but he hasn't got the hang of chewing yet, we will begin work on that as soon as I am out of school.
I also am going to start pureeing more foods on my own as well because there are a lot of things he still needs to try but the pouches don't offer that, like nectarines or plums (at least by themselves).
He is still eating 5 times a day. Any tips on decreasing the times he takes a bottle? When should I do that?

Clothing/Diapers:
We have a big boy on our hands. He is in size 3 diapers still... those really last a while! And he is in mostly 9 month clothing or 6 to 12 month/9 to 12 month clothing. It really all depends on the brand.
Since we stopped swaddling him, he is also wearing a lot of sleepers again and some cute PJs!!

Development
He is about to go through a leap so he is about to learn so much. He is still quite the talker and sits up like a champ. Our little guy will change positions a lot and he is much more stable in the sitting position and is able to straighten up if he leans another way.

Mommy

One more week of school left! I am so excited but also sad because I will miss my friends and the adult interaction. Being with my baby boy is totally worth it though and I can make my own schedule. It will be tough work but I think I will be much happier at home, busy than behind a desk. Best of luck to all my graduating seniors!! Can't wait to take next year's seniors senior pictures!

Daddy
He is working hard all day and most nights. Working full time and then on top of that getting his own business going is hard work. He loves coming home to our little man everyday though. When we say "where is daddy?"

Likes:
Pajama Time book! We read it to him every night before he goes to bed.
bath time!!
mommy - he is in such a mommy phase right now
the puppy
chewing on his board books
being outside
I know this is blurry but I just love this cheesy smile he is making!

Dislikes:
scooting backward instead of towards his toys... gets so frustrated
being changed

Going on this month:

Celebrating daddy's 30th birthday

Celebration mommy's 1st Mother's Day

Celebrating friend's birthdays

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Katie said...

he is so cute! and we love that book too :)