what healthy living means to me...

Recently, as in the past 10 years, I have been experiencing some strange health symptoms. Most people wouldn't find these worrying but combined together I just knew something just wasn't right.

Over the next few years, my symptoms become more and more worrisome. My doctors kept changing the prescriptions and our approach but nothing was helping. They thought I might have had a thyroid issue or PCOS but they said they ruled those out.

I was sick and tired of this. I needed to know what was causing all these symptoms, I was sick of the migraines, the exhaustion, the breakouts, and the many other symptoms. By this time it was 8 years later and I was still having the symptoms. They had varied in degree throughout the years, but they were still there.

My husband and I had been researching the benefits of bio-identical supplements and clean eating. We found a doctor in the area that specializes in this. After having our baby I finally was able to begin the change to finding out the reasoning behind my symptoms. 

Earlier this year, we found out about all my different deficiencies and my hormonal imbalance. My doctor also said there is a large possibility that I do have PCOS. These can all be caused by diet.  

Yes, I said diet... the food I was putting into my system. 

Isn't it crazy to think about the way foods have changed over the years. Think about biblical times and the foods they ate and then think about now and the foods we eat.

What is the difference?
Processed foods, wheat, lack of fruits and veggies, and so much more.

My doctor also suggested many supplements for my deficiencies and she wanted to me to start taking Juice Plus+. Around this same time, my best friend had started her own business sharingJuice Plus+ so she could stay at home with her baby girl. I saw this as a sign to join her in this business because it would change my health for the better, I could start my own business with my best friend, I could stay at home with my little boy, and continue to help people!

Since finding all this out, I have been working on taking my supplements (for my deficiencies), taking Juice Plus+ for extra nutrients, and changing my diet. But I am not just dieting, I am changing my entire lifestyle. I know that my health is permanent so therefore my diet must be permanent.

Because of this experience, I want to share my story so other people don't continue to hurt their body and they too can change their lifestyle. Just this small change can work wonders on your health. And who doesn't want to know their family will continue to be around for a long time without any major health issue? I know I want that!

Has anyone ever wanted to start a healthy lifestyle? Anyone want to make changes in their health?

I would love to start a weekly post or link-up about health and keeping your family healthy. Who would be interested?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!