The little things

This past Friday, I sat rocking my sweet boy as he smiled up a me. After a long, hard week of work and errands it was just the thing I needed. My to-do list was shoved to the back of my mind while I spent one on one time with my son. 

I've really been struggling with this whole working mom thing and this week it really got the best of me. I know many people do it and enjoy it but I had a couple days this week where I only spent less than two hours with my 4-month old son. 

Those nights were definitely not by choice but I still feel guilty for not being able to be with him. Sometimes even when I am home I have a running list of things I need to get done and it distracts me from quality time with my son and husband. That makes me feel even more guilty. Or even worse when I have so many errands to run that instead of spending time with my husband while our son naps I'm gone. 

I sat there holding my son and realized none of those errands truly mattered. Only my loved ones matter. 

For his sake I'm going to start saying no so I can put his needs first. For his sake, I am going to learn time management skills so I don't feel rushed to get something done during nap times. For his sake, I am going to start eating healthier and working out so I don't feel exhausted all the time. 

Do any other moms feel this way? What do you do to make time for everything?



I mean who wouldn't want to cuddle with this cutie?!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Courtney Kassner said...

I am so glad I am not alone on this. Being away from home 40+ hours a week because of work is something I've really been struggling with. We are praying for God to provide a way for me to be able to stay home with Crew. (I never imagined I'd want to be a SAHM! My, how things change!) After getting home from work, I only have maybe 3 hours before it's Crew's bedtime and it makes me so sad. But yes, there are those nights where I feel I need to do laundry, dishes, clean. Sometimes it's hard to just let the house be messy. Family time is so much more important, especially now that we don't have it too often. I'm thinking about you! And I'm right there with ya!