back at work...

On Monday of the first week of December, I went back to work. I had been gone for the entire months of October and November. The first day back wasn't as hard as I had expected. I missed my son so much but we are fortunate enough that my mom is watching him this whole school year while I am working so she sent me lots of pictures. 


love getting these during the day!

The work didn't seem so overwhelming when I first returned but as the week went on it felt like things kept piling on and on and I realized how much my students still really needed to get done.

As the week went on, each day got harder and harder to be away from my little guy. At the end of the week I was so ready to get home each day and see him. But it was so hard because after a long day at the school, I wanted to rest and just hang out with him but there was so much stuff to be done at home still. 

I will say having my mom watch our baby boy has been great because not only does she watch him she cleans the house and does laundry which is really helpful. I feel bad that she does all that but she likes doing it because otherwise she would be bored just being there.

Once I get home each day from school, I have realized things are not urgent except being with him. I try to soak in all my time with him. But it still seems like every weekend is a new experience and I am learning to be a mom all over again.

I am still having a hard time being away from him during the day, especially now that he is so much more active and learning new things everyday. He is becoming his own person and I hate to be missing that. He smiles. He laughs. He sometimes rolls over... usually when my camera is out of reach. Even with all that I feel like he should be learning so much more but I only have two wake times once I return home to play with him and teach him. (I will get into comparisons in another post, because that needs its own post entirely!)

We have survived these past two and a half weeks so we will have to see how it goes after Christmas break is over. Can't wait to spend two weeks at home with him!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Emily Powell said...

It's hard but you'll get into the swing of things :)