1 month

1 month - 10/25/13

I can't believe we have a one month old. Pretty soon he will have a 6 month old on our hands... Time flies. I can't believe just a month ago we were in the hospital welcoming our little boy. He has changed our life for the better. We have grown so close as a family and we love our little boy so much!

Weight and height: As of Wednesday he was 7 lb. 12 oz. but we won't know his height until Tuesday at his actual month appointment.

Nicknames: little guy, buddy, monkey, little bit, billy goat, squirmy, booger nugget (his dad calls him that!)

Growth: He is one long little baby! I can definitely see he is growing length wise and with his hands and feet, they seem to already have grown so much. He is started to get little fat rolls on his arms and I love it!

Development: He is cooing and ahhing when relaxed and happy. He has started to find his hands as well. We read at least one book a day and spend a little time on our tummy (well at least he does) and his activity mat. I think he will be smiling and giggling as well.

Eating: Normally he keeps to two and a half to three hours between feedings during the day. We are still concentrating on full feedings and if he stays awake and eating the feedings last about 30 minutes. I strive for 15 to 20 minutes on each side. Then at least two to three times a day I pump after to make sure I'm drained. 

At the beginning of this week he was really fussy throughout the day but was great at night. We think he wasn't getting enough food. On Wednesday he was much better throughout the days but we decided to try and pump and feed him a bottle throughout the day to make sure he was getting enough food. I started pumping but I wasn't getting a lot of results. I don't think I am producing enough for him to get full feedings so we might have to begin supplementing with formula again. I hate to have to do that but I am not giving up on breast milk yet. I am going to work on giving him as much breast milk as possible until I go back to work.

Sleep: So much better!! He is transitioning to longer times between nighttime feedings and starting to go right to sleep once he is fed and swaddled. During the day we like to make sure he has one good long nap but with the rest of the day we do the feed, wake, sleep pattern. Sometimes he is up the entire time between feedings but he still does pretty good.
took this while it was dark but he was just so cute!

He has a hard time going to sleep on his own but he is learning. He sometimes has to be held to get to sleep if he goes past his little sleepy window and gets overstimulated. But I am perfectly fine with some cuddle time!

Diapers/clothing: He is still in newborn diapers but he is getting too long for the newborn sleepers. I put him in some 0-3 sized sleeper and he fit much better in the legs but poor thing has shorter arms, I had to roll up the sleeves.

Mommy: My incision is healing great and I feel much better and not in much pain at all. I am exhausted a lot still but I am getting better at the sleepy nights and not much sleeping through the day. I love spending time with my little boy and I  hate being away from him too long. I had a doctors appointment and my mom and Paul were with him but I missed the little guy.

I have lost a total of 30.5 pounds! To get to my goal weight (not my pre-pregnancy weight) I have about another 40 to go... seems like a real long way off.

Daddy: Paul is the best daddy and he is so good with Seth. I love seeing him interact with Seth and fall more and more in love with him each day. Seth looks more like him each day.

Loves: car rides, his swing, the space heater

Hates: right after a bath when he has no clothes on, diaper changes

Memories: first visit to church
we took a family picture but he was crying :(

Pumpkin patch!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Lyndsey said...

He is SO cute and alert! Isn't it funny the crazy nicknames you come up with for your kids! :)

Laurie @ Disney 'n Diapers said...

He is precious and so tiny! I remember when my daughter was that small (she just turned 5 months!) enjoy every second. It goes by WAY too fast.