Boy... or girl???

Today at about 3 o'clock, we are finding out what gender our precious baby is. It still seems surreal to me that I am growing a baby and that my best friend and I are experiencing this together (she just found out she is having a girl!). But once we find out the gender I think it'll really hit me.

I thought it would be really fun to compare old wife's tales to the gender once we find out:
Heart beat - above 140 beats per minute a girl, below 140 beats per minute a boy
Chinese Birth Chart - boy
Mayans - If mom's age and conception year are either both even or odd, girl. If they are either or, boy.
Cravings - My friends said that if you are craving sweet and fruity, girl. If salty and more meats, boy.
Breaking out - if yes, girl. If no, boy.
If you are moody, you are having a girl because of all the extra female hormones. Paul helped me with this one haha!
No morning sickness, it’s a boy.  A girl if you were sick or nauseous during your pregnancy.
If dad gains weight, it's a girl. If his weight stays the same, it's a boy.
You got dry hands; it's a boy.
If your nose swells, it's a girl. Same pre-pregnancy nose, it's a boy.
If your face swells and gets rounder, it's a girl. Long and narrow face, a boy.
If your legs get really big, means a boy. If your legs stay in shape and lean, a girl. This one I hate to admit but I feel like my legs started swelling but they just got thicker
If a toddler shows interest in you, you are having the opposite sex of the toddler. - boy based off my little bible study buddy!
Carrying low is a boy, high you are having a girl. - a little early but I think I am right.

Tally:
boy - 9
girl - 5

What my family and friends think:
Paul and I
Mom and Dad
Nana
Sister-in-law
Mother-in-law
Sister-in-law and family
Jenny
Emily P
Jaclyn
Emily D
Jacquelyn
Ashley

I brought a chalkboard up to school to have the students vote and it has been fun to see which gender they think I am having.


Totals:
boy - 21
girl - 15


What do you think?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Courtney Kassner said...

This is so exciting! I think it's a boy!

Lyndsey said...

I think boy!!! So exciting!

Emily Powell said...

Boooooooy!

J and A said...

So exciting!! I say girl!'