books I have been reading

Sooooo I took a blog break and didn't tell anyone/I didn't plan on a blog break but it happened anyways. Well I am back, or at least for the most part. I have lots of posts and things going on so I am going to try to get some published soon. Enjoy!

As soon as we found out about the bun in the oven, I set out and got some books! I wanted to be as knowledgeable as possible as well as be well-prepared.

I bought Paul two books: Show Dad How and So You're Going to be a Dad. He really is enjoying reading these and Show Dad How is pretty much a picture book which was fun for both of us. It is pretty fun to read and look through the pictures.

Then I have been reading these: The Mommy Diet by Allyson Sweeney, Belly Laughs by Jenny McCartney, What to Expect When You're Expecting by Heidi Murkoff, and Becoming Babywise by Ezzo Buckman.



The Mommy Diet by Allyson Sweeney: I really enjoyed this book... okay so I haven't read the whole thing. But there is a reason: it is split into sections by trimester. I have read through the first and second trimester. Also, this book is not all about losing weight and eating healthy. It is also about how to care for yourself while pregnant, how to get the romance alive, how to exercise safely, what kind of fashion to wear, etc. I really enjoyed reading both of these parts and I am probably going to read this book a few times during these 9 months.


Belly Laughs by Jenny McCartney: LOVE! This book made me laugh out loud quite a few times and I really enjoyed reading the crazy things that happened to Jenny McCartney during her pregnancy. It was a fun, easy read and I am actually going to get Paul to read it as well. It was suggested to us that the husband would enjoy it as well.

What to Expect When You're Expecting: I have begun this book but I have not finished it. I really am just skimming over it because not a lot of thing pertain to me. The book has so much information, I would suggest not reading through it all or you would never make it through. Also, some of it can make a pregnant women worry because it is so blunt, but worrying is never good so that is another reason why I would skim. Also, I have the app they have so it gives a lot of the same information.

Become Babywise: Haven't started this one yet but I am going to read that this summer. It is more about what happens when baby comes. I have heard a lot of good things about this.

Also suggested, Happiest Baby on the Block... that one will be next.

Any suggestions? What did you read?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Lyndsey said...

Sippy Cups Are Not For Chardonnay is a funny quick read! It's good to throw in the mix with all the serious books!