17 weeks


How far along: 17 weeks

Baby size: an onion
5.9 ounces and 5.1 inches

Weight Gain: up 7 pounds

Gender: BOY!

Maternity clothes: I went shopping with my mom this weekend and bought some basic things. I have plenty of shirts and dresses I will wear but I mainly needs some work pants and jeans. Let me just say that was not a fun experience.

Sleep: Not too bad, just a lot of potty breaks.

Movement: Not yet, but hopefully soon!

Food cravings: I really want hamburgers and chocolate milk shakes

What I miss: Being secure in my body. I have always had a struggle with my weight and getting on the scale seeing that I am increasing in weight (although that is supposed to happen) is very hard for me. I feel like I have no baby bump but I am gaining everywhere else. That is not a fun sight to me since other people I see are all belly and so cute. It is hard not to compare to other people. 

What I am looking forward to: Registering and planning the nursery.

Best Moment: Spreading the news about baby boy and buying him some clothes!

the photographer in me couldn't resist!

Pregnancy Symptoms: swelling, shortness of breath, and definitely emotional

Stretch Marks: nope, not yet. But I have had them before so there is a chance I get them but they have all gone away so I am not worried about it.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Meg O. said...

I'm sorry I missed the BOY announcement!! YAY! Congratulations! You look fab :)

J and A said...

I love that onesie, where from? You look great, don't worry about that number on the scale - your baby is growing and that is what is important!!

Emily Powell said...

don't worry about the weight or not having a bump...the bump will come and one day towards the end you'll wish to see your feet again! Read this: http://www.babyyourbaby.org/images/pregweightdiagram.gif

Everyone is different!

Wifessionals said...

I feel the same as you - my weight is growing, but its obviously not going to the bump! We are pretty much identical in our week update this time and I am about 7 pounds up too (: