Letters to my former single self: the real deal



Describe your first date with your now current partner. Did you feel any "butterflies" on your first couple of encounters? Did you have any indication it would later be the "real deal?"

Dear former single self,

Oh goodness, your first date with your future spouse was one for the record books... but not in the romantic way, in the embarrassing/funny way haha! Your future spouse and I met at the gym through a mutual friend at the end of the summer of 2008. He stalked me a little bit at the gym... okay just kidding, but not really. But we didn't hang out outside of the gym, until November. Then didn't really start really talking until February of 2009.

one of our first pictures together

Well, the future spouse thought I had turned him down (I DID NOT but we can let him tell you that story one day) so he never asked me out on a date. So in April, I had left many, many, many hints to get him to ask me on a date but he never did anything. This led me to ask him to meet me at the movies at 9:30 p.m. on April 17th. I am not going to go in details about our first date here, but you can read more about it here.

our wedding, 10/29/11

Though I didn't know what my feelings for him were when we first met, the butterflies I was feeling were telling me that this one was a keeper and someone worth getting to know. Within months of our first date, I knew, I just knew he was the one. I knew that one day I would marry him. I didn't know this at first but I did know that I enjoyed his company. He made me smile every day we sat and talked on the stationary bike at the gym. He always made a point to come talk to me and make me laugh. I loved that about him and I still do today.

Keep your head up, the one will come when you least expect it and when you are not looking!

Sincerely,
Your future happily married self

Linking up with:
Co-hosts:

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Hallie @ Life:Oceanside said...

love this and SOO true how things happen when you least expect them too! :):)

xtraleo said...

Such a cute couple! I stumbled upon your blog via Northern Belle Diaries.