a new challenge

Since starting Crossfit last May, Paul and I have been trying to eat healthier and cleaner. It is HARD. So my best friend, Jenny, and I decided to start a clean eating challenge for 30-60 days. 

We started this challenge on December 31st and we will be on a strict Paleo lifestyle for 30 days, tracking our body fat percentage, BMI, and fitness goals. We meal plan and grocery shop on Sundays and then try to stay creative with our meals for the entire week. I found some great blogs for recipes as well as our favorite cookbook, Everyday Paleo, and we also created a Pinterest board we can share the meals we use with each other since we don't live in the same city. Jenny loves cooking so she always sends me great ideas!

After 30 days we are going to re-evaluate our goals and continue with the challenge for another 30 days.

I wanted to do posts about each week and share the recipes I used and pictures of some of the things Paul and I ate.... But that is just not going to happen. But I am going to show you some of the things we have made so you can use and change the recipes to your liking. 


The only thing I changed was I used deer sausage instead of pork and did not use the onions, I am not an onion fan. Yes, I know this is not true Paleo but it was healthier so I let it slide.

Chicken Piccata

Very good and great on the go... obviously!

This link is a variation. I got it out of her cookbook, Everday Paleo... a great purchase guys, you should do it! And yes, I know I made this recipe before but this one was different.

BBQ Paleo pizza
My friend gave me this recipe so I am not sure where she found it but I have typed it below as best I can. It is great because you can make it with any toppings you would like. I am going to add some bacon crumbles next time.

Paleo pizza dough recipe:
1 and 1/4 cup almond flour
3/4 cup arrowroot powder
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup almond milk (I added a bit more to mine)
1 tsp oregano

Preheat oven to 425
Mix all ingredients together until it is liquidy (this is where I added more almond milk)
Grease cookie sheet
Pour out dough in a circle and bake for 8 to 10 minutes
Add toppings (mine were baked BBQ chicken and BBQ sauce) and then bake again for another 10 minutes

You can really use any toppings on this and that is why I love it! And it is really filling and easy to make.

And here are just some of the recipes I have made but I don't have pictures.
Did not make with the specific protein shake she listed, but it was still very yummy!
Very yummy and easy to make.
Made these twice so far and left our the shredded coconut the second time... much better for us.
This one is Paleo! But I wasn't a big fan, I am very particular about textures.
Did this recipe twice, raspberries the first time and blueberries the second, loved it with blueberries!
yum! I love these but I messed up on the last part with the cream sauce and accidentally dumped it out before the last step. I just wanted a clean kitchen! But it was still good. We are going to double the sauce and enchilada parts next time so it can last longer than just one meal. It only made us 5 enchiladas.

We have also made quite a very different things in the Everyday Paleo cookbook which I love. Just need to buy the second one now!

I'll be back to share more with how this is going. And those of you who think they wouldn't enjoy the food, let me tell you I am one picky eater and I have stuck to this really well. I usually take the onions our of things because I just don't like them but sometimes they are okay. I have also started eating NoGii bars (they even have a Paleo version) and drinking Almond Milk (the dark chocolate is amazing) instead of regular milk and I love it. I don't miss breads or the dairy too much but I am such a fried food/sweet tea person I think that has been the hardest part.
But this food really is great!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Linny said...

Wow there are a lot of meal options on this plan for someone like me who enjoys chicken! I hope you survive without sweet tea...it is not fun! Have a good weekend!

Bon Bon said...

Ok, this all sounds amazing! xoxo