2013 resolutions

2013 resolutions!

I have been trying to catch up on my blog reading and now I can finally share some of my resolutions (thanks for all the ideas guys!)
I am not normally one for resolutions and I normally don't even make them but I love to-do lists so I kinda just did the same thing here.

1. Grow my relationship with God. Lately I have really been working on this. Ya know? More quiet time, putting God first, praying for everything, helping others, etc. Paul bought me a daily devotional in which I read through the entire bible in a year and I LOVE IT! We also read "Radical" last Fall with our bible study group and although it was an eye-opener, I really loved the concept and Paul and I have decided to get more into mission work and more bible studies.

2. Spend more time with my husband. He really makes me smile! And I want to make sure before we start the next step in our life together we spend as much time together as possible. Also, I want to make sure we get in the habit of having more dates. There are other things (later in the post) we are going to do together to spend some quality time together.

3. BUDGET, BUDGET, BUDGET. We still are trying to get through the Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover Workbook... we are trying I swear. But we have made progress and started our version of the cash system which will be hard to get used to but totally worth it. We know we have certain things we want to save for and it is important to manage our money and say no to things so we can save. Also, Paul and I decided we are going to have a meeting at the end of each month to plan our next month's budget (budgets should change monthly so you can plan for different things like doctor's appointments, vet visits, trips, etc.) and also plan our personal goals together (more on that later). 

4. Stick to a clean eating plan. On December 31st, my best friend and I, along with our husbands, started a 30-60 day clean eating challenge. I will have a post on this soon and this blog will have a lot of updates of this challenge as much as possible. But mostly we are sticking to a Paleo lifestyle because Paul and I want to be healthier for now as well as for the rest of our lives. It is a total health makeover. See what I did there? I am cleaver aren't I?

5. De-clutter and organize our home. There are so many things I need to organize better it isn't even funny. I guess with the new year I also get into a nesting phase until about... end of summer. But this is something I really want to do. I am normally one of those people who have to leave things out in sight to make sure I handle it, pay it, or file it (I get that from my dad), but I want that to change. I have been getting so much inspiration from Pinterest lately and I need to use the ideas and get on this task!

6. Decide on monthly home goals together. Towards the end of last year, Paul and I discussed a few things we want to do around the house such as organize the garage, update the back yard with a dog kennel, clean up the "junk room", decorate, etc. So we decided that during our monthly meetings (mentioned above) that we are going to plan a monthly task we want to accomplish at our home. There might be monthly goal posts coming to the blog soon!

7. Grow my businesses. That means my photography business and real estate. A couple big things that will get the ball rolling on these are to find a broker, get a photography blog, budget for both businesses, and start planning my time better.

8. Dedicate a little more time to things I love and that are for me. Crafting, photo keepsakes, movie compilations  and of course blogging. I want to grow this blog a little more and figure out how to design my page to be more appealing and more me. If you have any suggestions, please let me know! I need all the help I can get. I also want to catch up on my keepsake organization. I am way behind on making my photo books and such. I just need to get organized

My word for the year is: 
SIMPLIFY

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Emily Powell said...

I hate budgets. Especially when you're doing so good and then your washing machine breaks! It really sucks!