Book Review: Mockingjay

Mockingjay
by Suzanne Collins

This is the last book of The Hunger Games series and it has been a great read. A little slower than the other two but it gives more background which is great. I wish I would have taken notes or something, it is hard to keep track of all that is going on and how it links.
Towards the end of the book, it really began to pick up. Katniss, the main character, has so much going on, she is just a complex character. Sometimes I just want to slap some sense into her and all the characters but that is what makes the book the way it is... if the characters were all the same, then it would be boring.
I am not sure how I like the ending but I do love that it was solved and that the author gives the reader closure with the epilogue. I get made sometimes reading those type of books where you are invested in the characters but don't know if they are ever happy or get better.

The Hunger Games series is definitely a must read and all should read it!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Sinead said...

Such a great series!! I think Catching Fire is my favourite one, I love the way Mockingjay ends :D

Bubblymuppet said...

I never could make up my mind between Peeta and Gale, so I still don't know how I feel about the ending!! Such a great series.

Shoshanah said...

I really need to go back and reread these books. I just read them so quickly. I still remember the basic story of these one, but I feel like there's a ton that I've forgotten.

Megan said...

I was always team Gale so I think that is why I wasn't sure about the ending. I think eventually I will have to go back and re-read the series so I catch even more little details.

Sarah E. said...

I really didn't like the ending of the third. It made me so mad!