Book Review: The Hunger Games

by Suzanne Collins

Love love love love this book. Most of the time when my high school students suggest something to me, like Twilight or that movie with the blue people, I try not to follow because I want to separate myself from them because I am a young teacher and already blend in because I look like a 16 year old (not as fun as it sounds). But this time I was really interested. Good thing I decided to try it out.
Collins writes in such a way that makes you want to keep turning the pages and never put the book down. My husband keeps laughing at me because I read it at all times once I am home from work.
The story line is active and detailed just enough to not lose the reader. I love learning the background about the characters throughout the book instead of just in the beginning. Also, this book is split up into three parts but flows nicely together. The only thing I had a problem with was keeping up with the characters in the arena.
After finishing the book, I am already starting the next one. The ending wasn't really what I expected but it definitely had its twists and I still loved it. I love this book and it really is a great fiction read.
Now I am going to have to see the movie!!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Shoshanah said...

I loved these books as well. Although I read them all so quickly, I really do need to go back and reread them.

Heather said...

I really think I'm the only one who hasn't read these!