spring break 2012 - crafts so far

So far I have completed 2 out of 6 things on my craft to-do list. 


First, I completed this project:


I typed up our wedding dance lyrics (When you got a good thing by Lady Antebellum) and left a spot in the middle for a 4x6 photo. I had to use the lyrics about 3 times to fill the area. I printed that on paper that has a linen feel so it wasn't just regular paper and wasn't going to be see through. Then I cropped a picture our photographer took of us dancing and taped it onto the page. I was going to cut a whole in the paper and then tape the picture on the other side so it was framed but I thought it looked good this way and I didn't want to mess it up! This will go on the wall behind our couch where a big picture is now.


Second, I made a note frame:


I have been seeing this all over Pinterest so I thought, what the heck, I will make one too. When I was at my friend's house the other night I saw she made the same type of thing but with burlap behind it so I did the same. I had a ton of burlap lying from the wedding so it was a cheap project. I used two squares of burlap because, I believe, it looks better than just one because there are no holes and the thickness helped the backing of the frame to not move. I bought the frame at Hobby Lobby and its blue because I am transitioning to more blues throughout our living, kitchen, dining area (it is one big space, well, pretty much).


Third, I started to make a subway sign (which will go in the grouping behind the couch):


But as you can see one word of the lyrics of Casting Crown's Courageous is missing on the first line. On my computer... it is there. Once printed, it disappears. The font type is Wet Arial and it is soooo pretty but when I downloaded it off dafont.com it said it was a heavy load so it might be difficult to use. I guess that means printing too. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I really want to use this print for this sign but if I have to, I will change. Thanks!


More to come for spring break 2012 crafting!!!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Ashley Raven said...

Such cute projects Meg! LOVE them!

Stephanie said...

Found your blog through a bunch of linky's... have you tried converting it to a jpeg or pdf before printing?

Stephanie
http://thegimlinfamily.blogspot.com