Our LOVE story!!!

I saw this on quite a few blogs so I decided for Valentine's Day I should spread the love around...


1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
April 17th will be three years together, we have been married for 3 1/2 months.

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
It all started in 2008 after I graduated from Baylor and moved back to my hometown. My friend was getting married in August so I wanted to start working out a lot more and get in shape. I saw some old friends at the gym who I had known from high school and would talk to them often when I went in the gym.
A few months had passed and I noticed another guy with really puffy hair (guess who? Paul!) who was always with them. Finally, our mutual friend introduced us and we began talking every now and then while at the gym. Eventually, we begin working out together almost everday. This slowly progressed throughout the months.
In February, we begin to talk a lot more. My birthday was at the end of the month and I asked him and some of the guys from the gym to go out with us the night of my birthday. He told me he was going out of town for a Disciple Now. Throughout the night, we texted and I was realizing I was really sad he wasn't there.
The few months flew by. We continued to talk at the gym and text. Finally after months of talking and hanging out. In April, he finally tried to drop a hint that he wanted to take me on a date. Only I had no idea this was his plan.
He knows I love Dane Cook and he texted me one afternoon letting me know Dane Cook was coming to town in June. (Background info: I had told him that if a girl is not interested in a guy, she will usually suggest getting a group together when asked about a date. I had forgotten this background info.) I said lets get a group together. My logic: He was asking me in April and the concert was in June, I thought if he wanted to take me out he should have asked me out for an earlier date. I thought he wasn't interested in dating me.So he thought I was not interested because of my answer.
Soon after this I went with one of my best friends to visit my bestie in Cali. The first night we were there, we went out and I sent him a text. We keep talking and then the next morning we texted the whole day. I couldn't wait until I got back in town to see him.
Once I got home from my trip to Cali, I was so excited to see Paul. I was hoping we would be able to hang out at the gym and maybe he would ask me out.
Little did I know, he thought I wasn't interested so he wasn't planning on asking me out again. So one Friday night at the gym, I mentioned some movies I would like to see. And nothing. So when I got home (I was jobless so I was living with my parents) that night I got ready for a movie just in case. We were texting most of the night and here is roughly how our conversation went:
Me - I really want to see Earth, Observe and Report, (and I listed about 3 other movies)
Paul - Oh ya, sounds fun, have fun with that.
I looked over at my mom and said: "Why won't he ask me out? I have been hinting all night."
She finally suggested I ask him out. So I proceeded to ask him to meet me at the movies at 9:30 to see Observe and Report. It was a great first date, I barely remember the movie I was so nervous.
After the movie, we went out in the parking lot and walked to my car. I put my purse and phone in the car and we began talking. Two hours go by and we are still standing in the now empty parking lot. I didn't realize we had been talking so long.
All of a sudden, I looked up and saw an SUV pull in the parking lot. I made a face and said "That looks like my mom..." The car drove by and I saw the bumper sticker on the back "...that is my mom!"
Turns out, my mom had been calling me because she wasn't sure when I would be coming home. When I didn't answer the first 4 or 5 calls she kept calling. She had heard of a kid who had fallen asleep at the wheel and drove into a tree but no one knew where he was until the next morning, so she freaked out a little bit. She woke my dad up and they drove to come find me. They had no idea who Paul was and she said he could have killed me and stole my car or something.
So the first time Paul meets my parents is at 2 a.m. in the parking lot of the movie theater while they are stalking me! The rest if history! More here.

3.If married, how long have you been married?
We were married on October 29, 2011 and it has been a great 3.5 months.

4.If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?
We had a big wedding. The ceremony was held at Fellowship of the Woodlands and the reception was at Amber Springs which was kind of like a barn (we went with a rustic chic look)

 5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another?
We joke around and he calls me babycakes and I call him honeybuns! I do call him baby a lot.
 6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
a Godly man
hardworking
a man's man
 7. Tell us how he proposed?
We had been planning to take a trip to Fredericksburg to celebrate our year and a half anniversary (okay that was just our excuse, I just really wanted a trip!). Earlier in the week, Paul had noticed a gift bag on my dresser. I told him he didn't have to get anything for me because he was treating me to the whole weekend.
When Paul came to meet me to leave for our trip he had a Minnie Mouse bag with him. He loves to get those goofy bags for gifts. I wanted to exchange gifts that night but he said we should wait until we got to the destination. We arrived at the cutest cabin in the world and took pictures and set down all our things. Then right before we were about to go to dinner, he said let's go ahead and exchange gifts. We sat down on the couch and he opened my gift (Lady Antebellum tickets, which seem kind of lame now) and then I started to unwrap his. He said I needed to open the card last. I finally got through all the tissue and I found a box. He looked up at him and said "you better not be kidding with me." He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes! There were tears and hugs... then I opened the car and it read: "I wanted to be the first person to tell you congrats, now you know how much I love you."

 8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
He is flowers and teddy bear kind of guy. We are both not big on Valentine's day because we think we should be celebrating our love throughout the year. I would be lying if I say I don't like a little romance though!
 9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Mostly I am a pop a movie in and relax on the couch but every once in a while I would love a sunset beach dinner or a picnic after a hike...
 10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant other one day? If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Oh gosh this is too long of a list but we do want to charter a yacht to the Bahamas one day... a long time from now probably. We really just want to do a lot of traveling one day.

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
We are not really doing anything on Valentine's Day he works late on Tuesdays and Thursdays so we are going out to dinner on Wednesday. This whole weekend I was gone a girl's weekend trip so while I was gone I set up a scavenger hunt for him throughout the house leading to a new gift each day.

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
I really am not asking for anything for Valentine's Day. He gave me a ring bowl, two headbands (from Etsy), and also surprised me with a beatiful Brighton charm bracelet with my new intials and my birthstone on it. We are going to make it into a family theme with birthstones and intials.
13. Give us one piece of advice on keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Be honest and communicate. You need to be on the same page but there is no way to do that if you can't be honest of communicate. Also, stay kids... play around, ride fourwheelers, shoot water guns at each other, etc. Always remember it is a learning experience, there will be tough times.
 14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.

Happy Valentine's Day!!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!