Book Review: Chronicles of Narnia {The Voyage of the Dawn Treader}

Chronicles of Narnia
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
by C.S. Lewis

This book of the series takes place while at sea. There are also new characters who show up and have many conflicting personalities but I think this really helps the story. Throughout the book, there are so many things that happen to the characters which help them grow closer together as well as to "Aslan".
As I have been saying in my other book club posts about this series, I have said there were many things that were different from the movies which recently came out. As I was reading through this book (like the others) it was hard for me to enjoy it because I was comparing it to the movie. I realized that I should have read the books before watching the movies. I still love the books but they are just so different from the movies. The order of the events in the book are way different from the movie but the detail is much greater and you learn more about the adventures they experienced.
The book had more links to the bible stories and God than the movies did. The way the characters grew and changed expresses a lot about temptation and selfishness. Though the movie told this in a different way, I feel like it did do it in a good, concise way.
The one thing I didn't like about the book was that it the characters seemed rude and mean. Even Aslan did sometimes, this might have just been how C.S. Lewis wrote.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!