Book Review: Chronicles of Narnia {The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe}

Chronicles of Narnia:
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
by C.S. Lewis

After seeing the movie and then reading this book, it was fun to see the similarities and differences between them. There are small things that were a great change for the movie but there were other things that might've needed to stay the same to get the correct point accross. These books were written to teach C.S. Lewis' daughter about God, Jesus, and the bible stories and some of that comes across in the movie but some it is made more clear in the book.
I still loved reading this one and couldn't put it down like the 1st one. I believe after I read the next one it will help tell the story even more. 
The one thing I liked more in the movie than in the book was the portrayal of Aslan. I believe him to be calm but strict, happy but disciplined, and strong but gentle because of the movie, but in the book he seems a little less strong when he encounters the White Witch. I am not sure if this is because it is reading vs. watching or what. Did anyone else who have read these books and watched the movies feel like this?

Let me know if you read this series and if you enjoyed them as much as I have so far!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

jennie said...

It's been so long since I've read that series that I can't really remember specific differences like that. I loved them, though, and the first movie as well. The other films fell flat for me. You've inspired me to dig them out and give them another go!

Victoria said...

a classic from school :)

cute blog!!

Marian said...

I've always been a fan of that series! My parents read them to me when I was a wee tot...and I just would reread them again and again. Never gets old to me:)

Alyssa said...

I LOVE this book!! I read it in third grade and now I have all of the books in the series! It brings back such great memories!

Sarah E. said...

I haven't read that since 6th grade - I've meant to read the whole series for a long time.