Where did Summer go?

I have been on summer vacation for 2 months already and now I only have two weeks before school starts back, well at least in service. The time flying is both good and bad. It means my wedding is getting closer and closer (we have 88 days people!) but it also means I just couldn't get everything done that I wanted to. And I have been a bad blogger. I haven't read many blogs lately because I just haven't had time. I am going to be better at that once I get done with some stuff.


So I am going to update you on my summer. Over the same I have pretty much been out of town every weekend for something but that is fine with me. We have had weddings, bachelorette parties, birthdays, trips to the property to make jelly, and so many other things. Also, we have seen lots of movies!! Friends with Benefits was HILARIOUS!


But mostly my summer has been filled with wedding stuff, such as:

  • updating my registry
  • picking up my invitations and getting them to the calligrapher
  • finalizing the flowers
  • renting linens
  • booking the day-of coordinator
  • buying hostess gifts
  • purchasing some of the wedding party gifts
  • ordering the suits
  • making our favors
  • ordering flower girl dresses
  • buying each other's wedding bands
  • booking wedding party transportation
  • meeting with officiant to finalize the wedding ceremony and begin pre-marital counseling

Wow that is a long list and that is not even all of it. I am looking forward to my first shower this Sunday and I can't wait to see everyone I haven't seen in a while. I will have two more showers after this one! I can't wait. Also this weekend I will be going to my first dress fitting and booking the photobooth!


Most of the summer has been taken up by planning the wedding but I have had a few spare moments to do some teaching stuff. I am moving to a new school so there is still a lot to do and I will be at the school for most of the free time I get. Me and my two new co-editors went to camp in College Station a couple weeks ago and they learned a lot. I think the book is going to be great and I can't wait to start working with my new staff.


Don't forget to link  up this Friday for Book Club Friday with me and Heather!!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!