Book Review: Just Friends

Just Friends
by Robyn Sisman

My mom bought me this book a few years back and I haven't been able to read it so I decided to start. The author is well-written but sometimes I think she is slow to get to the point. Also there are a few things I am not are really keeping flow with the rest of the story but I am sure it will come together in the end.

I am about halfway through now. The story is about a British lady named Freya and her friend named Jack. They have to live together because of some relationship issues and they are having a hard time getting along. Freya's sister is getting married and she can't find a date to bring to England for the wedding.

There are some funny things they do to each other to get on each other's nerves but I can see their relationship is going to turn (or hopefully) in the end.

So far, it is a good read but not the best one I have read this summer.

update:
Yes, I am late again. This past week was the first week of school so I really haven't had a chance to get on my computer.

This book is starting to really move along. Last week I said that the author had great writing skills but she sometimes was too much of a creative writer for the summer read I was hoping for. Now, the characters are finally in England for the wedding and there have been a few fun twists. Sometimes you just want to scream at the characters and say "They love you too, just say something and it would all be okay". But when I say those things, they don't hear me and just going on being crazy! But that is just me!! 

Overall a pretty good summer read, not at the top of my list but not the worst either.

update:
I am almost done with this book and it has been a good summer read to finish off the summer months. The characters are still stubborn but I think they are both beginning to realize that they need to make some changes so they can actually be happy.
The author is a great author, definitely one of those creative writing types. Has anyone else read any of her books?

Not my favorite but I believe it still is a really good summer, casual read.

update:
This is a great summer read. I really enjoyed the ending and I think it left you hanging just write. Sometimes books give too much away at the end and then some leave you guessing just enough where you can make up your own story in your head. This was just right.

The story was of two people who were friends but were meant for each other. They just kept denying it. These characters were explained well and had great quirks that really made the books. I also loved the fact that the author tied something in from the first chapter to the very end of the book. It made it a perfect conclusion.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Heather said...

It sounds like that movie with Debra Messing from ages ago!