Book Review: Barefoot

Barefoot
by Elin Hilderbrand

I started this book last weekend and I can't put it down. I love it and it really is a well-written novel. It is about three women going through really hard times in their lives such as cancer, cheating, lawsuits, etc. These women are really different but all have something major going in their life that they need help with. They took the summer to spend in Nantucket and are going through some strange things together. Although they have their differences I can see them start coming together.

It is a great and easy read especially for summer. I have never read Elin Hilderbrand, but I am going to buy a few more of her books. Hope you enjoy.

update:
This was a great summer read. It was an easy read but it had a big impact. I don't want to tell you too much about the book but it has three women who head to Nantucket for the summer to see if that will ease their worries. The women learn a lot about themselves and each other. But the reader also learns a lot.
It helps the reader realize that the mundane things of everyday life are just that. They shouldn't matter to you when you have other people in your life who need you and you need them. I am a list person just like one of the women in the book and I realized that sometimes it shouldn't be about getting things crossed off a list as much as I think it does. I should be able to put those things aside for much more important things, like spending time with those I love. 
I have had to learn this over and over again but I think God is telling me something. Relax.

Hope all of you enjoy this book!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Lindsey @ Running Down A Dream said...

That sounds interesting! (the second one) I've heard of her, but never read her books.