book review: Heart of the Matter

Heart of the Matter
by Emily Griffin
 So far (I'm less than 100 pages in) I am in love with this book. Emily Griffin is amazing, all her books are page-turners. I am not sure where this one is going yet but I can tell its going to be great because hers are all just a little more than a love story.

Also, I can't wait for the Something Borrowed movie to come out on May 6th!

update:
This book is a great and fast read, I have sailed through it so far. Can't seem to put it down. This can be good or bad. I have a clue about what I think is going to connect them but I still want to know how they end up knowing each other.
This is really getting good too because the secret lives are about to clash, I can tell! I can't wait to see what happens and I hope I finish the book soon.
Has anyone else read this one? What did you think?

update:
So far, I really enjoy the book. Kind of predictable but I am not sure how this will end and I am hoping she gives it more than the usual twist on relationship. I think the author needs to stay away from the same story line. The book has the same concept as "Something Borrowed".
Still a great read though! Great while lounging on the beach or in a chair next to a pool, neither of which I have been able to enjoy but I imagine each time I am in the tub reading this book!

update:
I haven't been able to read  a lot of this book because I have had no free time lately. The end of the school year is really starting to stress me out. But I still feel the same way about this book. It is too much like her other books. Although she is a great writer and this is a good read, I think she needs to find something else to write about.
For those of you who have read her books, do you agree? disagree?

update:
Almost done! I hope I can finish it over the weekend because it is coming down to the ending and I really want to see how this one turns out. Over the week a big thing happened in the book but I can't share because of spoiler alerts. This is a good summer read for those of you who are searching for something to read on the beach.

I love these kind of books. The ones you can read and not put a lot of thought into what you are reading. I try to alternate with a girly, mindless read and a historical fiction or Christian novel.

update:
I finished this book earlier this week and I really enjoyed the ending. It was a little predictable but it was happy and put a different spin on infidelity. A good read for the beach or the bathtub after a long day!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

I also can't wait for that movie to come out. LOVED that book, although I preferred Something Blue!

Heart of the Matter is good, too... not her worst, but not her best!