Our love story (part 3)

I hope all of you are enjoying the story of how me and my fiance first started dating! It really is a funny story, especially this part! This is the last part of the story so I hope you enjoy it. If you want to catch up, go here for part 1 and here for part 2.

That week...

Once I got home from my awesome trip to Cali, I was so excited to see him. I was hoping we would be able to hang out at the gym and maybe he would ask me out.

Little did I know, he thought I wasn't interested so he wasn't planning on asking me out again. I hinted and hinted about him asking me out. So one Friday night at the gym, I mentioned some movies I would like to see. The whole time at the gym nothing was said again. So when I got home (I was jobless so I was living with my parents) that night I got in the shower and then got ready for a movie. We were texting most of the night and here is roughly how our conversation went:

Me - I really want to see Earth, Observe and Report, (and I listed about 3 other movies)
my now fiance - Oh ya, sounds fun, have fun with that.

I looked over at my mom and said: "Why won't he ask me out? I have been hinting all night."

She finally suggested that I ask him out. So I proceeded to ask him to meet me at the movies at 9:30 to see Observe and Report. It was a great first date, I barely remember the movie I was so nervous.

After the movie, we went out in the parking lot and walked to my car. I put my purse and phone in the car and we began talking. Two hours go by and we are still standing in the now empty parking lot. I didn't realize we had been talking so long.

All of a sudden, I looked up and saw an SUV pull in the parking lot. I made a face and said "That looks like my mom..." The car drove by and I saw the bumber sticker on the back "...that is my mom!"

Turns out, my mom had been calling me because she wasn't sure when I would be coming home. When I didn't answer the first 4 or 5 calls she kept calling. She had heard of a kid who had fallen asleep at the wheel and drove into a tree but no one knew where he was until the next morning, so she freaked out a little bit. She woke my dad up and they drove to come find me. They had no idea who my date was and she said he could have killed me and stole my car or something.

So the first time my fiance meets my parents is at 2 a.m. in the parking lot of the movie theater while they are stalking me haha!

Best first date ever! And now after almost 2 years of dating we are going to get married!!!!

Here are some pictures while we were dating:
Eli Young Band Concert


Anniversary date
In California at a San Jose Sharks game

Texans game
Our first Christmas together


In Colorado for my birthday celebration
Houston Rodeo to see Keith Urban

my best friend's engagement party

on the way to our anniversary celebration in Fredericksburg, where he proposed!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Meg O. said...

LOL - that's too funny about your mom stalking you in the parking lot at 2 a.m. Sounds like something my mom would do. Well, you know it's meant to be if he didn't run away after that!!! :) :)

Cherish @ Southern Soul Mates said...

Very cute!! PS-I love the Eli Young Band :) Have a great weekend! xoxo