A question, a ring, a celebration!

Friday, October 15, 2010:
The bf and I had been planning on taking a trip to Fredericksburg to celebrate our year and a half anniversary (okay that was just our excuse, I just really wanted a trip!). Earlier in the week, he had noticed a gift bag on my dresser.

"Are we getting gifts?"
"Ya, but you don't have to, you are treating me to the whole weekend!"

When my future husband came to meet me to leave for our trip he had a Minnie Mouse bag with him. He loves to get those goofy bags for gifts.

"You didn't have to do that. But can we exchange now?"
"No we will exchange tomorrow night."

We headed to Fredericksburg, Texas for our weekend getaway. We arrived at the cutest cabin in the world and took pictures and set down all our things.




Then right before we were about to go to dinner, he said let's go ahead and exchange gifts. We sat down on the couch and he opened my gift (Lady Antebellum tickets, which seem kind of lame now) and then I started to unwrap his. He said I needed to open the card last. I finally got through all the tissue and I found a box. He looked up at him and said "you better not be kidding with me." He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes!
the couch
the card, the bag, and the box

We then celebrated by dinner at a local restaurant and calling everyone to tell them the good news.

This is for my college friends:

More pictures from the weekend to come!!!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Venessa said...

Congratulations!!!!! That is awesome news!!! So excited for you.

Jamie said...

Awww congratulations! Your ring is beautiful!

Megan said...

Thank you!!!

Casey said...

This is so exciting! Get ready for one of the busiest and most exciting times of your life girl. The time just flies!! Love you!

Meg O. said...

OMG! Congratulations! That's so romantic and wonderful!!! AAHHH! I love engagement stories!!!

Mariel Torres said...

oh my! congrats darling! the ring is absolutely stunning :)